Rusty colored water

Im still shocking, a little set back due to rain, the calculator says I have to raise the FC 3ppm's , I have plenty of bleach, thing is I want to vacuum, should I add the bleach before or after? Im just thinking "who knows what" might get stirred up, so should I clean it up first, or have the chlorine strong first? The water is getting lighter everyday, Though now it kinda looks slightly green, but im thinking its probably yellowish and reflecting the blue walls, since it started brown.
I doubt there's algae (pray there isn't) since its been at shock levels for atleast 7 days, or could the rain and wind have caused it to regress that much , we had 2 full days of it, but I kept up the bleach and left pump on...

BTW I added 100 oz of 6% this morning>

TH 100
FC 8
PH 7.8
TA 100
CYA 10-30

(FC) is dropping rapidly.. Yesterday at 6am (FC-5) so I added 182oz (6%) bleach at 11am. By noontime FC was 10+. Then it rained from like 2-7pm. At 7pm FC -10.

Today at 6am FC was 8.0. So I added 960z. of (6%)bleach at Pool Calculators Instruction.
By noontime (FC) was 10+. I was going to vacuum but it rained AGAIN, actually it poured for about 3 hours.
By 2:30pm the sun was shining went to vac again, to my surprise (FC) 5 . I added another 96oz of 6% bleach.
At 4pm (FC) was 3, so I backwashed, rinsed and at 6pm added more bleach, BTW the pump has been running 24 /7.. at 8pm (FC) was between 2-3. So I checked pump, filter and skimmer all were clean . so I got in to feel the surfaces , felt fine but then i started to smell an odor like ammonia.
My PH has been high but I was told its unpredictable when you're shocking.. Its not a strong odor, and I hope I'm being paranoid ..
I think maybe my strips arent accurate, The colors look off even when I take them out of container, its been REALLY humid, could that affect them, I just dipped one right now , The FC stayed white, maybe they're bleaching-out? Im gonna dillute some water and retest.
Anyways what would cause an ammonia smell, anything to do with high PH or low FC??? I'd really appreciate ANY advice or HELP . I'm so overwhelmed. Thanx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You calculate the correct amount of stabilizer to add based both on the size of your pool and your current test results. I suggest you target a CYA level of 50. You can use the Pool Calculator to do the calculation for you. Enter the size of your pool, your current CYA level and a target level of 50 and it will tell you how much to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.