Aqua Rite

HardTrance9

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2009
Los Cabos
Hi all. It has been a while since I last posted anything!

One of the Aqua Rite SWG seems not to work at all now. Before it had also trouble with the cell readings (cell is bad too, but the owner doesn't want to invest on the fixing).

Attached you can see a picture from last year when the SWG was still working. Today is completely dead. The display won't show anything at all, is blank (no lights).

I went through reading what Goldline recommends and they basically say:

1) check the breaker or electrical connections (done, and no problem there)

2) check and remove the fuse located below (they state that for models mfg after 2004, this accessible fuse is no longer below and that I one can't solve the problem, please contact them, but here in Baja that is a problem :( )

Any ideas on what could be done?

Two pool tech guys were around the area and I asked them to please take a look at the SWG. They both (different days and time) said that the SWG has to be replaced. One said that it got "fried" because the equipment has no shade and that the box material for sure got so hot that the "motherboard" got fried?

Does this sounds like a possiblity? I know the SWG is very expensive and for now we are balancing the pool "by hand" for the last months...

Also I am attaching a picture where you can see the Turbo Cell almost in the middle. The other pool tech guy said that to clean the cell you just have to unmount the cell (unscrew it) and just put the whole piece as shown in the picture into muriatic acid?? I was not there, but someone else asked for me "hey, and how do you know when the cells are clean or if the debris got off the cell?".. The pool tech guy said just to use the MA with water and that would do it... :shock: I am not the expert but that sounded fishy hehe...

Thanks for any useful info. as always!

Attachments

• DSC03582.JPG
    DSC03582.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC03584.JPG
    DSC03584.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 95
  • no protection.JPG
    no protection.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 95
gordiec said:
Do you get lightening storms in Los Cabos? I came across this web site that talked about repairing an Aqua Rite SWG after a power surge. Here is the link if you are interested:
http://idoneitmyself.wordpress.com/2009/08/23/repairing-my-aqua-rite-that-was-damaged-by-lightning/

Thanks. Yes there are some storms, but not like heavy lightening ones... at least not in the period when the chlorinator stopped working.. I'm trying to find out the causes based on experience from anyone living in hot weather..

But that article you found is very interesting with good quality pictures and explanations. Thanks a lot!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.