New to the forum & just want to say thanks!

sb127

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2010
Dallas, TX
New guy here & boy did I find this forum in just the right time! We built our pool this year and just filled it in April. I was letting the pool company do our weekly maintenance until a couple of weeks ago when I had finally had enough. The guy completely botched up the DE filter backwash (among numerous other things). Needless to say I fired the pool service and decided to do it myself. I've never had a pool before, but have had 5 or so years with salt water reef tanks so water chemistry is familiar to me. If I hadn't found this forum, I'm sure I would have kept sticking in 4 trichlor pucks each week and my CYA would have eventually gone through the roof. It's already 60, so no better time to ditch the pucks and to switch to BBB....which I did this week.

Here's a quick snap of my little oasis in the middle of the miserable Dallas heat. :-D

IMG_0592.jpg

Hi! Welcome to TFP! Nice place you've got there! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Glad that you stumbled upon this site! Fabulous people with tons of experience! I recommend it to all my friends and coworkers. I can't get enough of it myself. I'm new to the site too and find myself here all the time learning the ins and outs of pool ownership!

Good luck with your pool and congrats on having the courage to fire the pool guy!