Aqua Rite Pro - intermittent "0" Readings

Jul 20, 2010
Spring Branch, TX
Newcomer here. Thanks for providing this venue.

Had a bad board (per Goldline tech support) and replaced controller with a new AquaRite Pro control box (Aqua Chem 1&2 to be added later and kept 5 yr old T-15 cell and flow switch). All seems to be working great but....sometimes when I look at the readout on the front of the controller, it shows 0.0 volts and 0000ppm salt and "0" amps. The only logical thing I can come up with is that we're set on 60% generation and that I'm looking at it when it is in the 40% and not generating. Does that make any sense to anyone? I haven't found any reference to this issue elsewhere.

Thanks,
Chip

Welcome to TFP!

A salt level of zero can be caused by a loose connection in the cable between the control unit and the cell. Volts and amps can read zero when the cell is off, but the salt level should still be displayed.

Welcome to TFP!!

An instant salinity reading will only show > 0 when the cell is energized and the unit is producing cl.

You can bump the output to 100% for a while and check at your regular (or irregular) intervals to make sure that the volts, amps and instant are all within norms. :)

Makes sense and I think I now understand what's going on. I'm at 60% and I was seeing it when it was not energized. It appears all is well and that my attempt to save money by installing the unit my self worked! Taa Daaa! To others: this is 240v. Don't do it unless you're CERTAIN all electricity is off at the breaker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.