Intex SWG Hoses

May 12, 2010
NW Alabama
One of the hoses on our Intex SWG just broke....at 10:00 pm....THANKFULLY, I went outside to feed the cats and noticed the pump was running but no water was circulating. I had lost only about 1in of water so it probably hadn't been busted for long. Anyway....of course I don't have a replacement hose. The only junk hoses I had are "standard" 1.5" pool hoses that were also busted. The hose in question goes from the SWG to the pump and has (had) a threaded fitting on one end for an o-ring style connection (actually both ends, but the pump end was just using a pipe clamp so one of the threaded fittings was just hanging). I rigged up an adapter on the SWG end to kinda adapt it from the o-ring style to the regular hose clamp type connection, but the problem is my broken hose won't "seal" onto the barbed adapter that I created......anyway....heck! Has anyone ever adapted their Intex SWG to use something besides these hose/"nut" style hoses. Attached is an image of the hose I'm talking about. One end went/goes to the corresponding threaded portion of the SWG, and the other is going to the pump and clamping with a regular pipe clamp. Is there a way to fix this up, or just buy a supply of these cheap *** hoses?

Attachments

• 412IS-uV1gL._SL250_.jpg
    412IS-uV1gL._SL250_.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 81
So you want one of these... http://www.intexstore.com/ProductDetail ... parts=list

You'll notice they're out of stock :rant: which is what I discovered not two weeks ago when my Intex hose decided to start leaking. Since you can't order one, I made on out of ABS. I used a 1.5" FPT-1.5" Slip and a 1.5-1.25 reducer.

The reducer has a nice 'flange' on one end that almost matched the Intex flange diameter perfectly. I used a lathe to remove the raised lettering on the surface that goes against the o-ring (you could likely use a file for this), cut the intex hose and used one of the nuts from it for my adapter. Put the nut over the reducer, glue the reducer to the female adapter (make sure you don't trap the nut between the two ABS pieces, you need it to turn independently), screw in hose adapter. Voila! All for about $6 Canadian (already had some glue at home).

Picture is worth more:

Attachments

• Intex_Adpt.JPG
    Intex_Adpt.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 80
The adapter linked above (that is out of stock) and one other type adapter came with mine. I think mine is the 2008 model. You may want to check where ever you usually put leftover parts. I would offer to give you mine, but it sounds like I may be needing it some day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.