Dryrott???

Jul 19, 2010
SE New Mexico
We purchased a Foxxx Pool liner in 2007 and had it installed. A week ago we noticed little holes in the top of the liner at the seam above the water line. We took picutres of it and sent it in to Foxxx to be covered under the warrenty. They told us it is dryrott caused by the harsh NM sun and suntan oils and lotions. Has anyone else had a problem like this or heard of this kind of an issue?

Yeah. I've seen it happen this year actually. It seems that scumline of oil and dirt greatly reduces the liners life span. Only seam seperations are typically covered under warranty. Keep you water line clean. Those scum balls work well as preventative maitenance. Try your home owners insurance, surprisingly 2 liners I did this year were covered fully for the home owner

Thanks alot Kevin for the quick response. I mistakenly said 2007 but it was actually 2008. I dont know if that makes a difference though. We are dissappointed after investing nearly $4000 in costs and it only lasting 2 seasons. We were offered a new replacement liner from foxxx for a 20 mil at half price (discontinued patterns at about $1000) but don't know if we should be looking at a heavier mil to prevent this from ocurring again and being in the same situation 2yrs from now.

Also. I am wondering if maybe the fit was too short that also added to the problem causing too much stress and stretch at the seam. I would imagine dry rot would be some what in lots of different areas not just at the hook seam only.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.