Polaris Pump vs Main Filter pump....

May 27, 2010
So it seems my booster pump for my Polaris is going, neighbors have made some suggestions to get a new pump. However I dont feel like shelling out 400 bucks for a new booster pump. Could I use a return off the pool to run the Polaris?

I have a 1.5HP Jandy pump that feeds all of the returns, waterfall, 2 deck jets and the cleaner line in my pool. What I have found is that you can't possibly run them all at the same time, but that's OK....I'm not usually running the water features while my Poloris 360 is cleaning the pool anyway. At times I wish I had just a bit more force so I could push a good steady amount of water both through my waterfall, the deck jets AND the returns (to maximize circulation in the pool), but I certainly use this single pump for my Polaris and it works fine.

replacing the motor from what I have found are generally in the area of 400 when all said and done. I have a Century booster 3/4hp How hard it is to rebuild? I have a good mechanical ability, installed the SWG recently. I didnt want to dump another 400 out for this pump if in fact I can run it off my main filter pump. I have a Jaccuzi 1.5hp pump, with 5 total returns, 2 in the pool and 2 on stairs and 1 under my skimmer(not sure why this is there) all can be turned off.

Tried hooking up the Polaris to the low end return last night, didnt get enough flow to it, Moved very slowly. Gotta reconsider rebuilding the motor I have or purchasing a new one. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to purchase? Local stores are a complete rip off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.