Autopilot normal Volts/Amps

donaldm823

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2007
Cape Coral, FL
Does anyone know the normal cell voltage and amp readings for an Autopilot Digital with SC-60 cell. I set it for power level 2 (middle of the 3), and the owners manual says the max amp are 6.5A for power level 3, but does not specify voltage. Mine said 24V and 6.5A in the TEST mode when it was new-just want to know the normal setting so I can trend the cell fouling.

donaldm823 said:
Does anyone know the normal cell voltage and amp readings for an Autopilot Digital with SC-60 cell. I set it for power level 2 (middle of the 3), and the owners manual says the max amp are 6.5A for power level 3, but does not specify voltage. Mine said 24V and 6.5A in the TEST mode when it was new-just want to know the normal setting so I can trend the cell fouling.

Voltage/current would be also dependent on salt level, water temperature, and whether the cell is about to die or not, so your data might be floating a little bit depending on the above variables.

Poolsean said:
Donald,

The normal operating voltage with the SC-60 cell is 21 - 26 volts. As the volts increase, it usually means (as Strannik said) salt level is getting on the low side, cell may be scaled, water temps are getting cooler (below 65F).

thanks, Sean. I just wanted a middle figure for when I put it in service. Also someone else questioned my salt ppm readings since I only had to put in 300lb of salt to bring it up to 3000ppm (my pool's first year was 2006). Your 21-26V with mine at 24V right out of the box and with my pool at 87F, eliminates my salt concern

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.