Cant get my ph to move above 7.2

May 21, 2010
i had to lower my TA several weeks ago do to switching to swg system. I aerated for about a week and had plenty of splashing going on. now over 2 weeks later since I got TA right I cant get ph to go higher than 7.2. Im not having any issues at all, but I thought you needed to keep it at around 7.5. Why cant I get it to come up?'

It's a good sign if your TA is low enough that the pH isn't rising anymore, especially in an SWG pool. You can just add some 20 Mule Team Borax to raise the pH to 7.5. If for some reason the pH falls, you could raise the TA meaning that you went too far lowering it, but that would be very unusual and would mean you've got something else going on in the pool causing the pH to drop (i.e. you have something acidic getting into the pool).

TA 80 - 90 for a SWG pool is a recommendation because SWG pools tend to have rising pH issues. If aeration is not getting the pH to where you want it to be the next best choice is borax. Borax will raise your TA a little like you say but in your case it sound like a good idea. When are you getting your SWG? If it is soon your problems may soon go away, if it is later I would not worry about the TA issue until you actually get the SWG and concentrate on the pH issue which is more important right now. You will have plenty of time when you get your SWG to adjust the TA if necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.