Modify Intex skimmer?

Jun 14, 2010
South Texas
I have searched around for a few days and cant seem to find what I saw before. I have the Intex skimmer on my pool, and I swear I saw someone say they removed the little "flower" in the bottom of the unit and it increased flow. I have been wondering if anybody else has done this, and if it does indeed work?
Also, I just got a 2500 gph pump from Intex, and I want to cut the holes bigger to fit the new intake and return that came with it instead of continuing to use the old restrictive ones. Does anyone have any photos of where they have done the same, and any words of wisdom before I start?

Thanks.

No, but I am going to do just that in a few days. Saw that one earlier this week and am getting lengths.
What I am taklking about is @ the bottom of the skimmer there is an insert that looks like it keeps stuff from going through the hose. I read that another person cut this part out and it increased flow. Also looking for any more info on cutting larger holes in the pool wall for 1 1/2 fittings.
Funny you dont see more on that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.