Pool skim or Pool Devil?

Both cleaners screw into the return. You would need to change the return fitting to a female threaded fitting to use either of these cleaners.

I have a pool skim and have been very happy with the results.

You can compare the two cleaners in action on youtube.

Pool Devil
Pool Skim

Re: Pool skim or Pool Devil? :: UPDATE

Ok so I'm clearly useless with a tape measure...turns out or returns are smooth 1 inch PVC!! This seems highly unusual yeah?

Well I bought the Pool Devil Pro and the Universal Adapter which is designed to go into a 1 1/2 inch smooth PVC pipe. And of course now it won't fit. Aarrgghhh, this is killing me.

So, any ideas how I convert my 1 inch smooth return to a 1 1/2 inch threaded return?

Thanks,
Fiona

Once you get this working, please post your thoughts on how the PDP works. I am curious if the PS can possibly be worth three times as much. They seem very similar.

The big difference I can hear in the videos is the slurping sound made by the devil. Not sure if they used real time audio with the skim or if it makes any noise, but the loudness of that devil would bother me.
That said...if I could find the devil in the store for $30 I would try it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.