Need light recommendation for above ground pool

Txmat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
San Antonio
I am looking for recommendations for a light to my above ground pool. I would like it bright enough to be able to see the pool bottom and at the same time be aesthetically pleasing. What do you recommend?

Thanks, Larry

I have a Nightlighter NLMC Multicolor and it illuminates the pool well. BUT (isn't there always a but) it failed a few days ago. It's still under warranty and I've sent it back so I'll report back on how that goes. Hopefully it's just one bad unit and not a design flaw. I do love the light. The colors are great and the light is plenty to light up the pool.

Be aware that this type of hanging light will not hang on some pool designs. You need to remove the top rail, hang the light from the pool wall then reattach the top rail. My pool has plastic top rails that fit tightly over the liner channel, there is no way to hang the light and get the top rail back on.

Thanks for the suggestion. I also have plastic top rails. I will have to look to see if I have any clearance over the liner channel. Any idea how much clearance I need? Have others had problems with this light failing?

My top rail sits right on top of the liner, that is looking at it from inside the pool there is no gap. But, the rail seems to have some give when I push up on it in the middle. It might have enough flex to allow for the mount to fit under it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.