Anyone using this type of solar cover?

deenamccauley

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
http://www.first4poolcovers.com/product-info.html
I'm intrigued because of the no "bubbles" part of it. We find that we only get 1-2 years out of our solar covers no matter how many ml's they are and despite keeping our numbers in check.
The part that is rolled up last on the reel always takes the brunt of the sun and because we are a public pool we have never been able to keep a cover on the cover.....people just do not leave things alone, so I know that doesn;t help.

This year I have already cut off the last 4 feet of my cover because of the bubbles deteriorating so badly....and I have attempted to tape a piece to it that I kept from the last cover. Not sure how that is going to hold up but I figured it was worth a try.

Anyway, if anyone is using one or has used one, I'd love to hear what they felt about them before I spend the money on it.
I do like that they have free shipping any where in the world. A definite plus.

Thanks

Deena,

I have never used one of these covers. My quick glance on their warranty didn't seem to be longer than standard solar covers.

I priced one for my pool in US dollars, and found it to be more than double the cost of a standard solar bubble cover.

Jeff

ride525 said:
Deena,

I have never used one of these covers. My quick glance on their warranty didn't seem to be longer than standard solar covers.

I priced one for my pool in US dollars, and found it to be more than double the cost of a standard solar bubble cover.

Jeff

Have you ever tried to get warrenty on a solar cover? I know I have been completely unsuccessful. It's always my chlorine was too high/too low. PH too high/too low. Doesn't seem to matter what you show them as far as your numbers, it's wrong in their eyes. Then it was I left it out in the sun.....well no freaking kidding, where did they think I would leave it. It is a SOLAR cover after all.
I know it is always the bubbles that start to deteriorate first, so I'm wondering if you eliminated that you might get a bit more wear out of them.
If I could find a cheaper source here in Canada for a solar cover I wouldn't worry about it so much. The $600 or so this cover would cost for my pool is about the same as what I paid for my last solar cover which won't last more than a couple years, even after repairing it.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.