Gunite Started In Northeast Texas

Jun 22, 2010
We finally got started digging on Thursday and plumber and metal crew should be here today. Hoping to get gunite Tuesday or Wendsday. I have been reading all over the site and picking up a lot of great tips. My pull is going to be 18x36 kind of a modified kidney shaped with a cave style water fall and spray heads shooting across the pool. It is a sport pool with 3' 1/2 foot depth at each end tapering to 5' in the center.
IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

The plumbing crew and the steel crew got finished today now I am waiting for Tuesday or Wednesday for the Gunite to get sprayed. :party: Sorry the pics are a little blurry I didn't let the camera stabilize for the outside temps before taking pics.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

Looks great! Take a lot of photos. Get a picture of all the underground plumbing and wiring from several angles as well as close ups. You will find these very useful in the years to come in you have any problems.

I had a leak in the plumbing of my 4 year old fiberglass pool and my construction plumbing photos helped to isolate the underground leak.

Here is more some after they were finished. I knew they would put weep holes in the bottom for ground water presure but I wasn't expecting five 4" holes. Is this normal or what I didn't have any ground water when digging.
IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

Right before they plaster your pool, they will remove the tubes, drain water and fill the holes with hydraulic cement. It is the only way to relieve the pressure on the shell from ground water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The PB and the gunite crew told me to water the gunite as much as I could to help it cure slower( it is close to 100) my PB said he likes for it to cure for 7-10 days before he starts any tile or coping. Some of the other PB in my area said they start coping the next day and normally lay tile on the 3rd day. That sounds a little fast to me but I am learning how all this works. The gunite crew let me spray some of gunite I felt sorry for the one guy who ran the gun the whole time. I forgot to get them to take a pic of me spraying. :hammer:

This was one of my favorite milstones. Its a big step forward. Water untill you are sick of watering it and then water it some more. Water will start to fill up the deep end but dont worry about that. Congrats and keep the pics coming!

Here are some updated pics it has been while seems like we are never going to get done. There has been no rain to speak of but they only seem to work one day a week. This was our second choice tile the first was on back order it was the same color but more of a natural looking rock.

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.