Ascorbic Acid treatment

Aug 17, 2009
Question-

I do not have iron in the water ( all test indicat 0 ppm) but small bits of iron in the mini pebble. Vitamin C has done wonders on the rust spots.

If I did an ascorbic acid treatment and continued that route would that prevent the rust stains from coming back or am i better off just doing the vitamin C spot treatment whenever spots occur?

Thanks- also- I have know idea if I spelled the acid name right

Yes, it is ascorbic acid, you got it right.

If there is iron in your pebbles, the stains are likely to keep coming back for many many years. If the pebbles just scraped some iron off of something else (unlikely) then the stains won't come back. You are probably stuck doing a treatment every month or two for some time.

I was thinking of using the Jacks magic in th winter (we don't close here) so I dont have to go diving to the bottom of a cold pool.

18,000 gallon pool. What dosage would you think proper.

If you have stains only around your iron-containing pebbles, sequestrant probably won't help. You'll be better off just spot treating again in the spring, or rigging up something so you don't have to get in the cold water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.