intex 15 x 48 upgrades

Jul 15, 2010
:wave:

hey all.. ive been digging through the forum looking for information on worthy upgrades for my pool. it has been up for about a month now and soon i will have to drain it and redo it. i got in a hurry and did not level the ground as good as i had thought. it is not leaning but its off enough that it bugs me LOL.

anyway when i do this in the next few weeks i am looking at putting some gorilla padding down once i get everything level but i wanted to see what else could i do to make my pool that much better. is there a better return screen that i can angle? it seems the pump and system is on the weak side. i was also looking at the intex saltwater filter.

just to give you an idea of what i did, i used a tiller and cut an area that is 16ft x 16ft for the pool. i used landscaping timber to make a box basically and filled that area in with a truck load of sand. of course i now realize i should have used 2 truck loads of sand, anyway like i said earlier i got in a hurry and did not center it and such. so there is more to me taking it down to make it right.

my plan is this.. more sand, gorilla padding, better tarp than what came with it (junk btw), once the pool is centered and level, i plan on getting some river pebbles to fill in the corners.

sorry for the long winded post.. im pretty excited about the pool

definately get a better pump. the one that comes with the pool is usually underpowered and a better pump will keep your pool cleaner and you will enjoy your pool alot more! i have the SWG and it is worth every penny! since adding the salt back in may i havent done a thing to my pool other than adding a half a bag of shock every week. my water looks just like this pic i took 2 months ago...[attachment=0:9f6jjagy]81874.jpg[/attachment:9f6jjagy]

Attachments

• 81874.jpg
    81874.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 310
liquid chicken said:
ive read a lot of reviews on different sites about the SWG. that is #1 on my list for upgrades. as for the pump itself would a 2000 gph be plenty?

your pool looks good.. cant wait to have mine looking like that.
i have a 16x48 and mine came with a 2000GPH and i'm looking to upgrade. i would say go with the 2500GPH pump. gets very good reviews on amazon! SWG...only way to go! :-D

We upgraded from a 1500 gph that came with the pool to a 2500gph. Sold the small one (brand new) for $60 and bought the bigger one on Ebay (brand new) for $99 inc shipping. It was def. worth it! Also bought the deluxe maint.kit for about $60 and that was worth it, too. The vacuum is much better and it comes with a nicer skimmer. The only other thing we bought was a solar cover and that is wonderful!

Not sure why you used sand as an underlayment (other than it is easy to level ?) but sand shifts very easy and does not make a stable base. Instead of the Gorilla Pad, you might want to use 1 1/2 or 2 inch foam under your pool. Insulates the pool from the ground, prevents anything from growing up through the pool. You are right on the tarp, I have always used the HD silver tarps, look better and last longer.
Good call on upgrading the pump/filter, look on Craigslist (or use http://www.searchtempest.com for a broader search of CL) or ebay for a real pump/filter.
Once you get the upgrade bug, it goes on forever! LOL
solar panels
hard plumbing
bigger pool
fancy lights .............

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.