Test Result Numbers

hillerji

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2009
Hi all,

I've been keeping up so far with the pool but have just completed about 8 days of heavy useage. 5 nephews and assorted others have probably taxed it pretty good.

My numbers this morning are the following:
FC=2.5
CC=.5
TC=3.0
pH ~7.2
T/A=60

I had added ~ 1/2 gal of 5.25% bleach earlier before testing. In previous testing I didn't register any appreciable CYA.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Our weather in the NE has been hot, hot and muggy and the heat looks to continue.

Thanks much,,,,,,,

Since you were unable to get a read on your CYA test, it is either all gone or very low. I suggest you add about 30 ppm CYA and retest in a week.

After the CYA has dissolved, assume it is your new CYA level and maintain chlorine accordingly (min. 2 target 4 to 6)

Dave & Butterfly,

I did omit that I have what I think is an accurate reading of 30 CYA. The water is cloudy at present. I had been adding chlorine stabilizer but I am out and need to get some more.

Thanks again,

Your PH and TA are on the low end of acceptable and the low PH could cause some irritation. I'd suggest some Borax to get it to the mid 7s.
Then I'd add enough FC to reach 10, and then tonight do an Overnight Loss test to see if your FC is holding overnight. If it doesn't you should shock, considering the cloudy water.
(this all of course assumes you will go ahead and raise the CYA level.)

hillerji said:
...I did omit that I have what I think is an accurate reading of 30 CYA. The water is cloudy at present. I had been adding chlorine stabilizer but I am out and need to get some more...
Your wording here concerned me...CYA is the same thing as "chlorine stabilizer". When you say you are getting more, what is your CYA target?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.