24 v transformer sta ite 400na

BABYLON729

Jul 11, 2020
50Searay!
HELP ! I finally hooked up my heater after 10 years of sitting without the gas line connected. When I turned it on the LED lite, then r8 came on ,then nothing. I checked the 24 v transformer. I checked voltage from the brown to the white wire and there is 240v. From the black to the white there is no voltage. On the secondary side there is hardly a reading. Shouldn't I have 110v on the brown and 110v on the black ? Thank you for the help

hello correction im getting 110v on the white and 110 on the orange. the black wire has no voltage and is not grounded. No voltage 24v coming out of the transformer ? does this make sense ? just installed a new transformer and the same thing ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I assume you are working on the 24 volt transformer inside a Sta-Rite heater???

I suspect that you are missing either your L1 or L2 input.. You can't measure each one to ground, you need to measure between L1 and L2 ...

Is the heater connected to 120 or 240 Volts AC??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.