1sewinmom

Apr 19, 2010
Four Oaks, NC
I decided to delurk today and say "hi" and "Thank you"! I'm Tonie and I live in a tiny little town in NC. This is our second year with our pool, and I must say, it has been so easy compared to last year! We bought a sand filter and an Intex SWG. Thanks to that and the advice here, my pool is crystal clear! We do have the odd pool though, it was made by General Foam Corp and has a skimmer on the side. It made for some interesting plumbing to get the pump hooked up to it.

I bought a good test kit, although I am waiting to add the FAS-DPD test kit to it. I didn't take my notes with me when I went to the local pool store and wound up with a k-2005 instead of the k-2006. The owner was a bit shocked that I would spend that much on a test kit for my little pool. Come to think of it, so was the pool store near my husband's job (I stopped by to see if they carried the reagents). I was told by both are for commercial use and that I could use the strips just as well. I do believe in buying locally when I can, so I will go back to them for reagents, besides, they do have some great pool toys!

So for what I would have paid for a membership at the local pool, my pool is sparkling clean and we can swim whenever we want. You guys gave us the information I needed to keep it safe and algae-free. Thanks so much!

Welcome to TFP!!

Congrats on both 'delurking' (be careful, posting here can become habit forming :p ) and the clear, sparkly pool!

Don't let the pool store wanks give you cr*p on buying the kit you need to properly 'take control' of your pool (whatever it's size) :wink:

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

Don't let the pool store wanks give you cr*p on buying the kit you need to properly 'take control' of your pool (whatever it's size) :wink:

Nah, he was just disappointed that I wouldn't let him test my water for me. He had a few chemical suggestions (IE weekly shocking, weekly algaecide) until I told him I had it all under control. The upside is that his chems are priced about the same as Walmart. I use pucks once in a while to raise the CYA after adding water.