AG pool wall woes

May 10, 2009
Hey folks

Long time lurker here. I have a 4 year old AG Salt water pool. 27' Vogue Oceania. I lost all my water due to a tear in the liner which to be honest I don't know how that even happened. So after contacting the pool place that installed the pool 4 years ago and ordering a new liner and salt and liner guard, the day finally came when they could install it. They were very quick in stating they can't due to the wall not being in the track.

I asked the installers what would cause this and they said a shoddy initial installation. What other things could cause a wall to not be in the track? I have 1 year left on the installation warranty and the inspector person is coming out later this week. I am just assuming they will blame me somehow for this.

I will admit that the pool deck did rest slightly on the top rail of the pool, not where the wall is out of the track but not so heavy that the top rail could not be moved around slightly under the rail. I have since removed that deck board. The liner installers said I should not have it resting above the top rail but assured me that could not cause the wall to leave the track.

I just want this dealt with since my family and I have been without a pool all year.

The installers said the track was buried under some sod and looked like the wall had not been in the track at all.
I have included some pics.

Any insight would be appreciated.
34550_455411515389_622665389_6658072_788162_n.jpg

34550_455411510389_622665389_6658071_7972587_n.jpg

34550_455411520389_622665389_6658073_2658722_n.jpg

34550_455411525389_622665389_6658074_4046798_n.jpg

If the pool is empty you should either get the orig installer out to fix it or just do it yourself. Its not hard to do with the pool empty.

The pool is empty and the installation is still under warranty. I don't want to muck with it and void the remaining warranty. Hopefully it is a quick easy fix and I can get swimming again.

Not a hard fix and this could actually be the cause of your torn liner. The pool wall can pinch the liner causing it to snag and tear in some places. Sorry about your trouble, but really the sand needs to be cleared from the track and the wall will slip right back in if the ground has not dented the wall in any way. I had a couple of dents on mine and we just straightened them with a pair of pliers. Looks like you may have had a bit of a sand blow out or wash out. Common problem and easy to fix.

That is correct. Unless your INSTALL has a warranty that prevents you from touching it, the pool itself will not have a warranty that prevents the owner from fixing the issue or all of us DIY installers would voided ours the day we unpacked it from the shipping crate.

When I replaced my liner this spring my wall popped out of track. Simply sweep the sand and soil away and finish with a shop vac or leaf blower to get it all out of the track. Lift and pop back in. Re-shape your cove and smooth the bottom. Ready for the liner. It really is very easy. I did the entire liner removal and replacement job myself. So anyone can

Hey all

The hole in the liner was not in the same spot and there was never any water being washed out at that spot. It all came out right near the hole. The hole ss about 8 feet or so to the left of that and on the bottom of the pool. I am glad to hear it is a simple fix so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.