return flow

Your eyeball needs to be aimed whichever direction that produces the best skimming action of the pool. some pools need them pointed toward the skimmer and some away from the skimmer. I've seen the recomendation of using ping pong balls to aim the eyeball(s).

Ours is turned away from the skimer so it creates a counter clockwise circular motion toward the wall.

Thanks, that is how I've been running mine. I just seem to get a lot of pollen and dirt spots on the bottom and was wondering if maybe I was doing it wrong. Other than that my numbers are always spot on and the water is crystal clear. So I guess the the old saying applies "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question about this. I think I know what the eyeball is you're talking about, but what I am wondering is how do you have the eyeball on AND your skimmer as well? My skimmer hooks into the circle thing the eyeball is on. So the eyeball isn't on there because I had to take that part off to hook up the skimmer.

I have also wondered if there is an "ideal" for round AG pools. I point mine slightly away from the skimmer. It does create a bit of a counter-clockwise motion to the water which does two things in my pool. It causes heavier crud to concentrate on the floor in the center of the pool...this makes sweeping very easy. It seems to make floating debris drift outwards towards the skimmer.

Gardnpondr said:
it's the above ground intex pool 18'x48".
If its the same as my Intex then the inlet and return are identical. The eyeball physically fits on both but should only be fitted on the one where the water returns to the pool from the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.