Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Japan Summerland Wave Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Japan Summerland Wave Pool

Do you suppose there's enough chlorine in the water to handle all the people in this pool? Click on the video below the photo to see the wave pool in action.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

2. Back To Top    #2
    yikes! I read some of the comments... so is it real, or do you know?
    My first thought was they don't need the tubes. My second though was safety issues. Peeing was far down the line (though I guess with you, Richard, that hits closer to home!! )

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    I'd be scared of a swimpede and drowning!

Last summer we went to a water park that had a wave pool and although my kids are fish in water, I was scared of it for them. It took us every where and was packed BUT NOT LIKE THIS! I told my brother that he would watch the boy and I'd watch the girl. It was the only way we could do it!

Those people up front in the vid were getting pounded! I wonder how many drownings they have a year? Seriously though.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

by my calculations you would need about 10,000 gallons of bleach!

on a serious note... how do you lifeguard such a pool, if someone went under, that guy/girl is pretty much dead.

5. Back To Top    #5
    I don't think anyone could get under... the other 2.2 billion people would hold you up, and I think all the water was displaced by people anyway!

I wouldn't want to even BE there, much less swim there... I have a claustrophobia thing... not the space, but crowds, when I cannot get out.... I guess it is crowd-o-phobia!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    That's insane!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.