bromine problem

Aug 17, 2007
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE USES AS MUCH BROMINE AS I DO????? I HAVE APPROX. 25,000 GAL IN-GROUND POOL & I GO THROUGH 25LBS. OF BROMINE EVERY 3 WEEKS. A FRIEND OF MINE HAS THE SAME POOL AND HAS ONLY GONE THROUGH 50LBS. THIS SUMMER. SHOCK EVERY SUNDAY. MY BROMINATOR IS ALSO SET ON 1, THE LOWEST SETTING. POOL IS ALSO 2 1/2 YEARS OLD. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....P.S. I WAS TOLD BY A LOCAL POOL COMPANY THAT I COULD USE A CLORINE SHOCK & I DID........

Bromine cannot be stabilized against burnoff from sunlight so if you have an outdoor pool that gets a lot of sun your bromine levels will drop quickly. You can reactivate the bromne by shocking with chlorine. The chlorine oxidizes the bromide ions in the water back into active bromine santizer and gets converted to chloride ions in the process.

What bromine levels are you maintaining in the pool?

Also, typing in all caps is usually considered to be the equivalent of shouting on the net. Proper nettequite usually reserves all caps for EMPHASIS ONLY ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.