broken pool brushes

jasonknox

Platinum Supporter
May 4, 2010
SW Georgia
Does anyone know where to buy industrial strenght pool brushes. I brush my pool 1 to 2 times a week and the standard aluminum brushes that I purchased at walmart or the pool store break way to often. I have broken 3 in the last year and a half. I need a brush that can take some abuse as I don't have time to baby my my equipment. I bought the steel to build my own reinforced brush but if I would rather buy one. I have been luck that none of the brushes have failed dramatically while inuse, other wise I may have cut my liner.

Are you talking about the pole and not the brush itself? You can go to Amazon and search for commercial pool poles or brushes and find several. If you're regularly breaking the brushes, you're brushing your vinyl liner too hard and will eventually tear it. If you're using anything except a plastic bristled brush you're using the wrong thing for a vinyl liner.

Talking about the brush head not the pole. I am using plastic bristel brushes. Two of the three brushes broke in transit from behind the pool house to the pool. They either caught a bush or bumped a tree. Keep in mind these were not hard hits but I guess it put just enough torque on the brush to brake the aluminum back bone. I thought there may be some manufacture that welded diagonal bracing on to the brush for added strength. I am not sure were I broke the third brush. Not certain how to brush lighter i just push the brush across the pool bottom and walls. I do tend to brush fast. My theory that fast brushing promotes more water movement and I have other things that I would like to do rather than brushing the pool. :cheers:

If you leave those brushes out in sun the UV will kill them pretty quickly and they'll become brittle. I was thnking that you were bearing down on them fairly hard but that doesn't appear to be the problem.

I wonder if it's the chlorine that's attacking the aluminum causing it to become brittle. Mine is all plastic and it's over a year old and shows no sign of failing. Granted, I keep it in the deck box if it's not being used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.