Source for popup head replacements?

Jun 14, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I've got several in-floor popups that aren't working like they should be and want to replace them. I don't know what specific brand or model they are. I can buy them locally from the PB (Shasta) but they run about $70 each. I'd like to find a less expensive option. Anyone know of a good online source for those things?

Great! Let's see if I can figure out how to post the images.

I also just noticed that the top of the popups say "Quikclean" on them. The cannister was just replaced a couple days ago and so isn't original to the pool. The old one had the one pipe coming out the top.

[attachment=2:2gazo6qp]1.jpg[/attachment:2gazo6qp]
[attachment=1:2gazo6qp]2.jpg[/attachment:2gazo6qp]
[attachment=0:2gazo6qp]3.jpg[/attachment:2gazo6qp]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 62
Good job :goodjob:

They appear to be grey; is that correct? How many do you need? Since I see the one out, I assume you are able to remove them and don't need a tool.

I'll check on them for you tomorrow and let you know what I learn.

Yes, they are grey.

Actually, the one in the picture broke apart by itself and was sitting in pieces on the bottom of the spa. So, a removal tool would be useful.

As for the count, I'll have to spend some time in the pool tomorrow (oh shucks!) taking inventory on how many aren't working. I'm guessing I'll need about half a dozen or so. Some of them just shoot water straight up. Some don't rotate from cycle to cycle.

Just for the sake of anyone who may stumble in here in the future... the replacement heads seem to be a tightly controlled cash cow for the manufacturer. You aren't going to find any deep discounts anywhere so if you need one you just have to buck up and spend the cash.

Big thanks to Bruce for going out of his way and doing some legwork for me on this despite the fact that I'll now be giving a local company my business.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.