Caution!!!on buying cheap prices on bleach at Discount Store

Jan 2010 :eek: Kinda old, huh! Good reminder tho that we should always check the EXP date no matter where we buy bleach (just like milk!).

Having used Aldi's Tundra for several years , so far I have only had good experiences with quality and expiration dates.

Re: Caution!!!on buying cheap prices on bleach at Discount S

I just visited my Aldis and our sell by date was 10/2011.
How do you think they do the sell by dates? How many years do they give it?

They also sell Reeva salt pellets. I can't find any info on purity for them. Any idea it would be an OK salt to use?

harry5170 said:
i bought 4 gallons of 12% for $17 in a returnable tote at our local pool store. Walmart 6% is almost $2.00 a gallon so it is $.25 more a gallon for the 12%. It is worth it to me not to have to deal with all the jugs!

That is what I am doing. $16 for 4 gallons of 12% at local pool store - all in returnable case/jugs.

I looked Lowes, Home Depot etc and maybe I could save a small amount but the convenience of being able to return jugs when getting the next batch is worth it to me as well.

You folks inspired me to call my local pool store, because my recycling bins get too full!

Me: Do you sell chlorinating liquid?

PS: <pause> Like for Baquacil?

Me: No. Liquid chlorine, 12.5%?

PS: Ummmm.....I don't think we sell that.

:lol:

(Of course, maybe they really don't, but the answer sure didn't inspire a lot of confidence!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

amylucintfp said:
You folks inspired me to call my local pool store, because my recycling bins get too full!

(Of course, maybe they really don't, but the answer sure didn't inspire a lot of confidence!)

Funny stuff there.

amylucintfp said:

I ran into that last year. I was at their store buying DE and asked what % their liquid chlorine was. They weren't positive, but thought it was about 35%

Anthony

Is that a guess based on granular form? Last time I was at the pool store I was a bit surprised to hear one of their main guys saying he prefers to use LC. It seems they only partially enjoy selling unneeded stuff.

Aldi's is owned by the same company that ownes Trader Joes and the largest chain of stores in the UK I believe. They are a good store-- not the Dollar Store or junk-o-rama. Anyway good heads up to check dates.

Butterfly said:
Jan 2010 :eek: Kinda old, huh! Good reminder tho that we should always check the EXP date no matter where we buy bleach (just like milk!).

Having used Aldi's Tundra for several years , so far I have only had good experiences with quality and expiration dates.

Agreed. I too use it and never any problems. I also check dates just like milk!

kplaster said:
I just stay with the great Value..Have had no problem's..I can't stand going into Aldi's..

Uh, also agreed ... have to go there in middle of day ... and even then ... uggghh!!! But I still like the price and it's in line with my route to and from work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.