Vegasmom's Pool Build

Vegasmom

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
Hi all,

I'm new here but wanted to share what we have so far on our pool construction. We started at the end of June. Excavation, plumbing, steel, electrical, and gunite all went smoothly. We are going to be delayed for another month, however..due to a change in tile selection. That's what happens when you decide on something and don't start for 9 months :)

We have been very pleased with our builder, Smart Pools. I had seen a couple of their pools in person while doing a tour of homes here.
When the pool is completed, we will most likely have someone maintenance for us. My mind doesn't relate well to chemistry but I'd like to learn at least the basics. This seems like a great place for info.

I must admit to not knowing a lot about all the equipment, but here's a listing of what we've got.

Intellichlor SWG
MPulse 3000 (for calcium buildup)
Pentair Sam lights in pool and spa
Paramount MDX in floor cleaning
Sta Rite pumps, filter, 400btu heater (I think we have 3 pumps?)
Intellitouch EZ 8 automation w/ wireless indoor remote and 4 button spa side
2 auto ig. firepots and 1 firepit next to built-in benches
10' stainless steel rain WF
3 glass lined uplit 'shadow boxes' on center feature wall (behind rain curtain)
3 side infinity Raised spa w/ 8 jets
8' wet deck
Wet Edge Altima white

We have 15 ft. from the edge of the patio to the back property wall. Our pool will be 10'6 - 15' wide where the pool steps cut in under the patio. We have 60' in length from where the spa starts to the sunken firepit at the other end.
We also have planned a deck area next to the spa, and on the opposite side, an outdoor kitchen and dining area.

I'm researching grills and trying to figure out my shade. Landscaping bids are coming in (yikes!) My goal is end of year for everything.

Here's a few pics so far (I only have video of excavation, no pics :(

This is the new selection of tiles. The multi-color rectangle mosaic is part of the delay. We're doing a custom using only 2 of the colors. Taking out the bright blue and silver. And I switched the waterline to the dark brown tile. I know, dark *and* textured. I've got my brush ready 8)

100_0736.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0683.jpg

I have to finish uploading and I'll post the gunite pics. Then, sadly, it will be awhile before I have any more.

Your build looks great! It is amazing how much you have managed to fit into a small space.

I am extremely skeptical of the MPulse 3000. I don't believe it will do much of anything aside from waste money. Everything else on your list looks fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jason, I'm skeptical of the MPulse, too. Hopefully, it will work. One of the family members at the Pool co. has one, and he says you can see little flecks of white floating around, but they don't stick to anything. Then it's supposed to make it all water soluble. We'll see..

crabboy, the middle wall has a water feature going across the top, and the pipes coming up out of the boxes are for recessed lights. You don't wanna know about our power bills. We've got 5 A/C units.

And of course, it's WATER action. :wink: Uh-huh.

*edited* You're not crabby, you're crabboy!

You have used up every square inch! I saw the dog and the look on that face just says she's wondering what you did with the bathroom?! :lol:

I have to say, I love the tile selection and CAN NOT wait to see it filled up!

Regarding the power bills, my hubby is trying to blame the majority of it on my green friend (see my introduction post) LOL, he figures he can justify getting rid of him then. Not!
I may have to have paddles ready once we startup the pool, though :shock:

MamaG, I drove myself crazy deciding on those tiles! I'm excited about the new selection and think it will be very dramatic.
And our dog, Sam...poor thing. He's used to going to the bathroom on that side. There is beautiful green grass on the other end of the yard and he won't use it. Hopefully by the time the deck goes in, he'll have adjusted!

Karin

Vegasmom said:
And our dog, Sam...poor thing. He's used to going to the bathroom on that side. There is beautiful green grass on the other end of the yard and he won't use it. Hopefully by the time the deck goes in, he'll have adjusted!

My dogs had to undergo a major "bathroom" change during our build. I had to take them on a leash in the front yard cause it was (still is until I lay my sod) so muddy near the pool. What a PITA!

What an interesting pool build. I can hardly wait to see the finished pool. Do you have any concept drawings or pics to share?

Your patio area and back yard look so similar to my DD's new home. They are planning on putting in a pool the first of the year.

My dogs had to undergo a major "bathroom" change during our build. I had to take them on a leash in the front yard cause it was (still is until I lay my sod) so muddy near the pool. What a PITA!

You have mud, I have a ton of dust. Don't know which is worse!

Buggsw, you'd laugh if you saw all our concept drawings. We started planning this well over a year ago. Basically it was my design but it got tweaked a few times. Once for practicality, another for cost :wink: Originally, we were going to owner build.

I have one from the pool company (those pretty little drawings they give you that wind up changing!) I've misplaced it, but I don't have a scanner anyway. I can try taking a pic of the plans if you want. Let me know, and I'd be happy to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.