Any good book suggestions?

Apr 27, 2010
I enjoy reading while at the pool. Stephen King is my favorite read, I also like Philip Margolin, Harlan Coban, Carl Hiaasen, Tim Dorsey, James Patterson, John Grisham... many more.

I frequent a used book store and read the back cover, if it sounds good I'll read it.

Anyone read and good books lately?

Bill Bryson is one of my favorite authors.

I'm especially fond of Notes from a Small Island, as I'm a bit of an anglophile. A Walk in the Woods is also pretty funny. Even the Shakespeare biography is interesting. Pretty much any of his books will be a good read, and since he's fairly popular, should be readily available at a used book store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Floater said:
kdubya815 said:
You might try Dean Koontz books. Love him!!

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have read every book he has come out with and watched any movies made from his books. Loved "Watchers"

My favorite was Cold Fire

If you'd care to change to Fantasy books, David Eddings' Belgariad is probably my favorite :cool:

Also, you can pick up any of The Straight Dope books by Cecil Adams for informative, and gut bustingly funny info on various and sundry issues :goodjob: (Joel Achenbach also has a couple good books in the same vein in his "Why" books)

Clancy is a good read (Rainbow 6 is probably my favorite, but I love them all)

It must suck to be you :lol: , having to worry about what to read poolside all summer :p

Enjoy the pool and whatever you end up reading!

If you like court/trial type books, check out books by Steve Martini. He used to be an attorney and no does books. I am not one one to like books, but like his. Sometimes I feel like I am there and usually keeps you guessing till the end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.