Insert to make pool more shallow

DMA

Jul 11, 2010
I am building a 2-lane-wide exercise lap pool that has depth 4' at each end and 6' in the middle.
I would like to put something that I think of as a large plastic rectangular "insert" into one 4' end to make it shallow enough for little kid visitors. Maybe the insert is filled with water or attached to clasps to keep it submerged.
Has anyone seen a commercial product like this?
Thanks.

-- DMA

Thanks for the responses.

Shaf77, do you remember any of the specific pools where you have seen this type of insert? I am willing to call around to find the name of a manufacturer, or even just get a photo so I might build something similar.

-- DMA

-------------
no pool yet, but a large hole in the ground :)

DMA said:
Thanks for the responses.

Shaf77, do you remember any of the specific pools where you have seen this type of insert? I am willing to call around to find the name of a manufacturer, or even just get a photo so I might build something similar.

-- DMA

-------------
no pool yet, but a large hole in the ground :)

Almost all city pools here in Toronto use them for lessons. I have no idea what they are called but am trying to find out for you :)

DMA,

I think I was a little hasty in my post above. I was envisioning a closed, plastic structure that would preclude any circulation under or in it.

However, how about something like a removable deck? I could envision something with legs sitting in the shallow end where water could circulate under and even up through it. That should resolve the mold and algae issues. It could have a type of "Railing" on the deep end side so they wouldn't inadvertently fall off.

Getting it in and out of the pool may present a problem, though.

I get some results by googling "swimming pool teaching platform", but it all seems pretty expensive. Looks like there's PVC/plastic or aluminum ones available - I know that the pools in my community where my kids took lessons all have aluminum platforms that look like heavy-duty folding card tables with short, sturdy legs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.