In the bid process

Lershac

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
I just had the most exasperating experience.

I submitted a proposal to bid with 5 different companies. The proposal was complete down to a tee. I just had the last company's "designer" insist on a sit-down meeting (second one, had one with the builder when I submitted the proposal and he took notes to clarify his understanding) and just finished that second meeting, and it was nothing but fluff! nothing to add, just wanted to meet and discuss aesthetics and make suggestions for completely changing my design to HIS tastes. He could have handed me the quote never having talked to me. GRRRRR I do not like having my time wasted with BS.

PoolGuyNJ said:
Not everyone is gifted in listening.
Not everyone is humble.

Scott

I listened politely to every word he said. I even liked his design. I said so. It was not what I wanted though, and he didnt like hearing that. He wanted to build a free-form pool, when I wanted a 20X30 rectangle. Its my money and my pool. I spent about 10 hours this week out of my schedule getting the pool quotes. Another couple of hours listening to him tell me "rectangles are bad, they are more expensive to build, and have bad feng shui" and I would have killed him. I mean he could have at least been observant enough to see my home and decor are built along rectilinear lines, and a free-form pool wouldnt have gone. Not to mention him sittting in my rectilinear home and rectilinear decor and indirectly telling me its ugly. I realize not everyone has my tastes, but I dont go around insulting theirs just because its not like mine... have some respect!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.