AA Treatment - Now Cloudy Water

Oct 14, 2009
Wednesday evening I did an ascorbic acid treatment (Stain Free) followed by Metal Away. Thursday night, I vacuumed and then backwashed and increased the SWG. Friday morning the water was very cloudy there was 0 chlorine due to AA. Friday evening I added just a little bleach and muriatic acid because PH was 7.8. (I wanted to keep it down to prevent the staining.) This morning (Saturday) it is still very cloudy. I used my handheld tester until I can get to the pool store for more accurate readings.

FC 2.0
ph 7.4
TA 100

What should I do about the cloudy water? Is it okay to swim in cloudy water?

Thanks for the help!!

Dory

It is normal for sequestrant to cause some cloudiness for a couple of days after an AA treatment. It is also possible that you are on the verge of getting algae, which will also cause cloudiness, though that seems less likely give that your FC level isn't zero.

Thanks for the help!! The pool is almost cleared up. My current readings are:

TC 1.4
FC 1.3
Ph 7.4
TA 89
CH 174

I will watch the FC and Ph the next few days and try to keep it low so the stains do not come back.

Any other advice to keep the stains (iron) from returning to the pool surface?

Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.