Goldline Aqua Logic not turning on pumps/lights/heater

Jul 9, 2010
Allen, TX
New to the forum - hoping someone has a suggestion. Aqua Logic PS-8 model has power. Lights up as if it's working, but isn't turning anything on. (e.g. pressing the filter button - the button lights up, the filter doesn't come on. pressing pool light or spa light - the button lights up as if it's on, but the actual pool lights aren't coming on).

I've flipped the breakers. He's clearly getting power, but not delivering power to his friends. Any ideas?

Thanks

:bump:

Welcome to TFP!!

I've bumped this in hopes of either getting someone else's attention or reminding myself to poke my nose into a PS8 on Monday.

Something in the back of my mind is saying "transformer" but it's not covered in my Field Service Manual :(

Could really use some help. Water is turning green as I type. I'm stumped. The controller appears to working perfectly - but none of the equipment (pumps, lights, blower, heater) will come on. Strangely, an exterior flood light near the equipment, which also appears to get power from the box will come on. The powered valve actuators will move if switched manually. There is an electrical outlet attached to the side of the box - it works. But none of the Aqua Logic functions are working. HELP!!!

One quick question, and I still don't have a better answer than before :oops: , have you recently had an electrical storm (i.e. a close lightning strike)?

Do you have a submersible pump that you could throw in the pool to provide circulation while adding bleach to keep the algae at bay? :idea:

We've had quite a bit of rain. Don't recall any thunder/lightning recently. I don't really have anything to circulate the water. Tested the CL this morning. Of course, it was essentially zero. Added some Power Powder from Leslie's today - just to have something in it.

Update - still no resolution. I called my pool guy and he came out today. He was able to determine that 220 power is present at the switch and inside the Aqua Logic box at the relays. As such, his theory is that the problem is with the board or the transformer. He wasn't sure how to test these, so he's calling in another guy that he uses for these types of issues. When your pool guy has to call HIS pool guy - that can't be good. Hopefully it's the transformer as I'm assuming that a far less expensive repair...

I can't tell from your post whether the pool guy was able to confirm that the relays are operating properly. If they are the problem, you can get replacements much cheaper by Googling the part number on the internet vs. purchasing it through Goldline/Hayward.

She's breathing again. Called a Hayward/Goldline warranty service company. Some pro-rated warranty on the board. There was an integrated circuit chip on the board that was burned up and a small part of the board actually melted. Not sure if it looked like that before - I think I might have noticed it. In any case, once he pointed out the burned/melted chip, it was pretty easy to determine that the board was the problem. He replaced it - took about 20 minutes and $800 - and everything works fine. Will post a picture of the board if I can figure out how. Spent a few days getting chemicals back in order, vacuum, backwash, new DE, added some CA - all pristine again now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.