Aqua Trol RJ

May 29, 2010
I purchased Aqua Trol RJ (return jet) model thinking I could mount it under my combination return / pool light, however it turns out that it only includes one 1.5" stem and the other side is a elbow joint that mounts where the current light / return is. Has anyone else mounted one of these below the light by not using the elbow and instead using another 1.5" stem with everything working ok? I didn't want to loose the light so hopefully there's a way to use this without having to send it back.

dremin2flyhi said:
looks like you be able to get a set of the union nuts for like the normal cell and then reduce the 2" to the 1.5" for the connection on the light

here is a site that has the unions http://www.thepoolzone.com/glxcellunions.html

Thanks. I still need to find the part that converts it down. When I get a chance I'll call and see if they or someone else has something like that. I was e-mailed by the manufacturer's tech and was told it has to go through the pool as designed otherwise it'll void the warranty. I plan on calling them as I don't understand why if it's mounted vertically underneath the light that it would be an issue as the gas would still rise and escape...

they have the reducers at lowes or home depot-- I think they are like 85 cents or so... then depending on the light connection--but find find a piece of the spa flex/flex-pvc 1.5" that you slip into the top of the reduced connector on top of the cell and then connect to the return with a hose clamp. This will keep the vertical position for the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.