Mouse house under my above ground pool.

cmm

Jul 8, 2010
So while sitting out back the other morning, my darling dog brought me a present. Yep, it was a mouse. After some inspection of points of interest in my yard, I discovered a dug out hole under my landscaping bricks around my above ground pool. After further inspection by my hubby, it turns out this is the opening of a tunnel that goes under my pool. While in the pool tonight we found a depression in the liner above this area along the outer perimeter. The mouse has dug out approximately 1 foot of dirt and sand up to the bottom of the pool. I am worried that they may be able to chew through the liner. Any suggestions on how to get rid of these rodents. Can they chew through the liner?

Thanks for your help.

You can try putting poison down the hole, or maybe smoke them out and fill in the hole. I don't know if there is anything you can spread as a deterrent to keep them away from the pool.

As a kid on our dairy farm, my Gramp used to put out dehydrated potatoes (instant mashed potatoes) to kill the rats (and there were some huge scary big river rats around). Apparently they ate the potatoes, and as soon as they drank water their stomaches expanded and killed the,. If you have any in the house, I'd spread some out now until you can call an exterminator during business hours. (I could never eat those things, and neither could my entire elementar school after I loudly protested at being fed rat poison in the school cafeteria (same industrial brand that Gramp bought)).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.