Pump not Primining on AM startup

May 27, 2010
I have a 10yr old IG 14x28 pool. Jaccuzi filter and pump. When I kick on the pump manually in the AM, the pump will not prime at all. I need to open up the basket, add water and bingo, pump primes and runs without issue. I have already re-thread taped the inlet to the pump and the outlet to the filter last night and had the same issue this morning. If I turn the pump off in the evening then head out to try starting, few hrs after its been off, it will prime. Seems to be a prolong period of time, overnight it will not prime itself again.

:hammer:

You're getting air into the system from somewhere. Have you lubed the strainer basket o-ring? Have you made sure the air bleed valve o-ring is good and the valve is tight? It could be the spider gasket leaking a little under vacuum when the pump is off.

Bama Rambler said:
You're getting air into the system from somewhere. Have you lubed the strainer basket o-ring? Have you made sure the air bleed valve o-ring is good and the valve is tight? It could be the spider gasket leaking a little under vacuum when the pump is off.

O-Ring on the basket is good an lubed. Spider gasket? When I shut down the pump, I can see and hear the water flush out of the plumbing. There is no visible water leaks at all around the pump or pump base.

I am assuming that the Jacuzzi filter is a sand filter with a multiport valve. If it has a slide valve instead, the o-rings could be the culprit.

Since you can see and hear the water it means you either have a leak somewhere or the skimmer is sucking in air and the filter is building air in it when it's running. Since it takes a long time for it to expel enough water to lose prime I suspect a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.