supplies online

greif

Jul 5, 2010
I have test kit on order. :goodjob:

It looks like it take alot of borax (from seeing other posts) to get started. Does anyone oreder online, look like bulk prices are very good. I did a google of "bulk borax" and found alot

I have been looking locally and not found many places that carry it and when they do it's small box at around $3 a lb

does it take a lot of baking soda to get started also?

thanks
gary

You really can't tell how much of anything you're going to need until you get some good test results and learn the personality of your pool. I almost never use Borax. I also almost never use Muriatic Acid. Bleach is the only thing I use with any regularity.

Once you get your test kit and start testing regularly you'll figure out what you need to have on hand on a regular basis.

When you get your new kit post a full set of numbers here for us because you know how we love numbers!

Startup chemical amounts depend very much on what your starting water test results are. You might need a lot of baking soda, or none at all, or anything in-between.

If you are adding borax to get a borate level of 30 to 50, you might want to consider using boric acid instead. It is just slightly more expensive, but it is much simpler to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.