So how sturdy is a metal above ground pool?

gale

Jul 14, 2009
north central Indiana
My kids like to jump up and down and make waves in the water. Hubby is worried this is going to take down the pool, I guess. They also tend to kind of push off the wall when swimming underwater which actually makes me nervous too. But then I think about all the pools I've seen where there were a bunch of teens in them or adults doing all kinds of jumping around. My kids are 11, 13 and 14 but not really wild like..well like some teens I used to know. :angel: :mrgreen: How much can these pools really take? There's a picture of it in the link in my signature.

You would be surprised at how much they can take. The biggest concern is the top rail - even though they are quite sturdy and some dealers will advertise that you can sit or stand on them it doesn't mean you should. They really aren't intended for sitting or standing on. Other than that, they are generally darned tough - just look at some that have been around for 30 years. We regularly have 6-10 teens in ours.

Probably depends on the pool -- materials plus construction.

Mine is one of the older ones but it's heavy-duty steel. The top rail is clearly the weak point in this pool as well.

Yep seems like if there is gonna be damage its the "friends". Its not their house/pool so don't care. If we know which one is the wrecking ball, they get banned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.