Cloudy water

my4boys2002 said:
It was VERY hot/humid I think we had 10 people in pool from 9am to 8ish, water is now cloudy. PH and FC look fine. Should I just let pump run all night to clear it up?

I noticed after having a day full of kids in my pool (15x36 intex) my water was very cloudy. I ran the pump for 3-4 hours and no change.
Took the filter out and used my hose to spray all the junk off it and put it back in.
My pool was clear in about 2 hours. From what Ive read online you can pull the filter and rinse it ever 2-5 days depending on traffic in the pool. It beats replacing it every 2 weeks like they recommend in the manual.

Also where something to protect your eyes while spraying the filter you dont want to get any leftover chemicals that are stuck to the filter in you eyes.

The Intex paper filters wear out quite quickly when you try and clean them. You can get much sturdier third party filter cartridges that can be cleaned and reused for several years for not to much more than an Intex three pack.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.