Thanks, thanks, and more thanks!

Nov 25, 2009
Cleona, PA
Boy! What a summer so far. We've had our nephews over in the pool, 1.5 and 3.5, and they're learning to swim. (Now that they have a place to learn! :) )

Last night had our first 'non-family' cookout/pool party. Boy it was fun. The 'big' kids (adults acting like kids) had a lot of fun, and then as things got later, we just sat/lounged/floated in the pool (since the water was so much warmer than the air) and talked. We couldn't decide between having the light over the pool on or keeping it off to watch the stars as we chatted. (You could still see the bottom of the pool with just the starlight, a point a couple people noticed! :whoot: )

Of course... this success, and the age of the pool, leaves my mind to wander about replacing it with a newer pool, perhaps with a deep end for diving... :mrgreen:

Hmm.... time to save my pennies.

You had a pool party and what, we're not good enough to invite? :lol:

I have a hard time voting for lights off or on myself. I've stayed out many a night star gazing while floating on my big float, but I like lighting the Tiki Torches and seeing the reflection of them on the water as well; helps keep the bugs away so we usually have those on at least some of the time.

I vote lights off in general.

If there's a crowd, we just put one light on by the back door and it has an amber bulb in it. It's enough to lite the way on the steps/multi deck levels but not enough to disturb the 'mood' or impede the star gazing.

Amber bulbs are not always easy to find...they're kinda circa 1989...but I love them for outside.

mkenyon2 said:
Yea... Tiki torches would be just right. The 'pool light' we have is a 300Watt bulb. :shock: But the torches... that might be nice.
One of the features of my house left by the previous owner was a tubular christmas light set - all white - cable-tied around the perimeter of the patio cover. It works out really nice - no glare, diffused light, enough to see but not enough to read. Remember that after Christmas when all the lights go on sale!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.