New to TFP

Jun 27, 2010
freeville ny
I have been reading these posts for a coupe of weeks trying to get my courage up to begin. Started yesterday with a swamp complete with a few frogs. Pool sat for 1.5 years. Got a test kit and these are the numbers...today water is cloudy blue

pH 8
fc 3
tc 3
alk was in good range
cya 10

pump running 24/7 and I have backwashed to keep it going strong. I will brush the sides.

~25000 gallons, in-ground, vinyl liner

what's next?

poochner :?:

When posting a question unrelated to the current thread, please start a new thread.

257WbyMag
Forum Moderator

Welcome to TFP!

Have you started reading Pool School yet?

From your numbers, it would appear that you need to go ahead and lower your pH some using muriatic acid. I would also check to see if your pool holds its chlorine level overnight. This will tell you if you need to continue shocking or not. Follow the directions for the Overnight FC Loss Test to see.

Your CYA is low. You will lose a goodly amount of your FC to sunlight unless this is raised. Add enough stabilizer to get you somewhere in the 30 to 50 range.

Have you seen the Pool Calculator yet? There is a link to it in my sig line.

What sort of test kit are you using?

Once again, be sure to start reading Pool School. There is much information to learn in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.