electric for AGP

Jul 5, 2010
NE OHIO
Hi everyone.... I'm new here. We just had a AGP put in. Let me start off by saying that I don't know too much about electric. My husbands knows more, but we are having an electrician do the electrical for us. But I wanted to make sure that the wire size he is using is correct. I used a measuring wheel and the distance will be about 146 feet, give or take a few feet. He is planning on using a 20 amp breaker. And running 12 guage wire. The pump is 1.5 hp. Says on the pump it 11 amps. I just read if the wire isn't the right size, you'll burn up the pump early. I would hope he knows what he is doing, but thought I would double check.
I guess he has to put in a seperate box for a convenience outlet also. He has it located it near the pump, 10 feet out from the pool. From your experiences is there a better place for it, or is that good. I'm not even sure what we will ever use it for, but he says it has to be there. It just seems to be floating in the middle of the yard now :roll: Thanks for any help

Everything is fine. #12 wire on a 20 amp circuit is correct. 146 feet is ok too. No worries there, either.
The electric code says there has to be a convenience outlet by the pool, no less than 10 feet from the pool and no more than 20 feet. So it has to be there, regardless of whether you plan to do it or not.
The electrician knows what he's doing. :wink:

The convience outlet has to be 10 to 20 from the pool , not the pump right? Right now he has it located by the pump. Is there a better place for it. I'm not sure how it will ever be used, so I'm not sure on the best location for it. I just don't want to do the...... Oh man I wish that plug was over here thing :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.