aquatech diatomaceous earth filter

Yes. That looks just like our DE filter. Is it a 60 sq. ft. filter?

I am not an expert; however, hubby & I have cleaned our DE filter many, many times. We have also replaced many parts in it.

If I can answer your question I will be glad to do so.

What do you want to know? I will try to help you. :)

If you're in FW I suspect Pulliam installed your pool. Would be worth calling Pulliam & asking. Then you could get all the specs on your equipment etc. It was the specs that told me it was 60 sq. ft. I don't believe it was on the filter anywhere.

steph, look at the bottom right corner of the label in your pic. See the hole punched out at the bottom, the second from the left? Look at the column above this hole and that should tell you the specific model # as well as the specs.

It means that your grids provide 60'ft of surface area for the DE to attach to and water to filter through. Mine is only 36. Bigger is better :) More time between breakdown and cleaning or back-washing.

Now that you know the model, it might be possible to google up an online owners manual. I was able to find one for my filter that way.

The main reason to know the square feet is because that tells you how much DE to use. For example, in my filter, 36 ft wants 4.5 lb, and 60 ft wants 7.5 lb (i.e. 1.25 lb per 10 sq ft). I don't know whether those ratios apply to all DE filters.
--paulr

(Edited to fix a slipped decimal point.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.