Unusual Chlorine Demand -- Peeing in the Pool

chem geek said:
She drinks a LOT of water (actually, just closer to the daily recommended amount, but compared to me that's a lot) so the "need" is not surprising and in practical terms it's mostly water in / water out. I don't mind at all and am glad that I at least know about it so I won't fret about where the extra chlorine consumption might be coming from!

If she does drink a lot of water, her urine should be quite dilute, thus not so bad for the pool chemistry. :lol: I drink a lot of water too.

A composting toilet is on my wish list! It could be shared by the pool and workshop which are adjacent. That way, if DH gets really busy on a project in his shop, he won't have to come in the house to go potty. I keep coming up with ideas that take little "nips" out of his workshop. First there's the area for the dogs (doggie door to the outside so they can let themselves in during a storm; enclosed area inside so they don't run around all over the shop). Then I thought we could put a "people door" on the pool side of the shop and a little changing area/toilet stall partitioned off inside. More recently, DH commented that someone could actually sleep out in the shop if we had lots of company; of course then I thought of preparing a little guestroom area. . .

Oops, I hope I haven't gone TOO far off topic!

MikeInTN said:
My father-in-law told me once about a time when he was out playing golf with his friends. They were all retirees and getting on up in age. One of the guys stepped behind a tree to relieve himself, and when he stepped back out, everyone could see where he had dribbled on his shoes. He came back to the golf cart and said "you know, back when I was a young man, I could peel the bark off a tree. Now I can't even keep it off of my d@mned shoes". :lol:

:lol: :lol: What is it about peeing in other places besides the toilet that is so dang funny?!!! :lol: :lol:

ktdave said:
MikeInTN said:
My father-in-law told me once about a time when he was out playing golf with his friends. They were all retirees and getting on up in age. One of the guys stepped behind a tree to relieve himself, and when he stepped back out, everyone could see where he had dribbled on his shoes. He came back to the golf cart and said "you know, back when I was a young man, I could peel the bark off a tree. Now I can't even keep it off of my d@mned shoes". :lol:

:lol: :lol: What is it about peeing in other places besides the toilet that is so dang funny?!!! :lol: :lol:

I don't know, but when I read Mike's post, I busted a gut. My boss peeked around the corner and look at me like I'd gone mad.

I can't believe she told you that! I am ROFLMAO! and floating a puck behind her OMG!!

My son's friends come over to swim and the 3 yr old is constantly saying she has to pee so that she can go inside and look at our litter of puppies. DH and the kids' father were afraid the mother dog would get upset so they had her start peeing in the lawn. I hadn't been told of this new arrangement until the last time she was here and I noticed her squatting in the lawn going #1 AND #2!!! OMG! It was very disturbing. I decided we'll invite her over again once the puppies are gone. Yuck!

I wasn't sure if I was going to build a fence on the last remaining side of my yard...

but now I know I've got to!

Way too much fun to be had relieving myself (and my guests) to be passed up just because of some little privacy issue (and other threats.)

Calling the fence guy tomorrow.

I've heard of brutal honesty...

Poseidon said:
ktdave said:
MikeInTN said:

I don't know, but when I read Mike's post, I busted a gut. My boss peeked around the corner and look at me like I'd gone mad.

Ummm..because once upon a time we were all young bark-peelers, and can relate to damp shoes now?? :lol:

Poseidon said:
jjparrish said:
:eek: :shock: :lol: :bowdown: ...Richard, this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! So glad I was not drinking anything, 'cause of the new puter and everything possibly taking a hit! All the reaction posts are just as funny and interesting! I like the water hose idea, but our well water feels just above freeeezing! I hope there is a way to keep this post 'handy' so that more folks will have the opportunity to see it! It is PRICELSSS! :-D and......your wife is a good sport!
Joyce .................... p.s. I drink a lot of water, too. :wink:

What is the deal with women and water anyway? My wife drinks enough water to drown a fish. She can't go anyhere without her travel cup thing full of water. I told her she would be in real bad shape if she got stuck in the desert ... wouldn't last an hour. Me? I'm a camel, don't drink much water. Maybe the :cheers: suffices.

Now .... where did I put my ammonia test kit ......

....um, maybe we were born under the water sign? :whip: You know, it's gooood for you! If YOU should ever get stuck in the desert better hope your wife is with you! You might need a sip or two of water! Oops, gotta go, it's FIVE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE! :cheers: Happy Swimming, Joyce

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ktdave said:
jjparrish said:
If YOU should ever get stuck in the desert better hope your wife is with you! You might need a sip or two of water! Oops, gotta go, it's FIVE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE! :cheers: Happy Swimming, Joyce

No.......You didn't just say that :shock: !

Oh yes I did, :wink: and I missed the Five O'Clock whistle from DH 'cause the clock on TFP is running an hour behind! :slidehalo:
Joyce

I missed this post when it first came out, but after reading it I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Being a very concerned OOL owner, I figured sooner or later some chemist will actually come up with the water color changing pee tablet, and quite frankly, I thought ChemGeek will be the one to invent it since he is a pool enthusiast. But it seems he is just trying to figure out how much Chlorine Demand he needs to adjust to depending on how many drinks of liquid some one consumes.

ChemGeek, stop trying to be reactive and be more proactive and develop that pee tablet already!!!

Body waste is a nasty compound and it takes a lot of chlorine to neutralize. Our company have sold number of large commercial chlorinators like this one : http://www.autochlor.com.au/details.asp ... l=SMC-3000
to the water parks or dolphinariums I must say. Due to waste animals generate the usual chlorine demand for those volumes of water can be as much as 3-4 times from calculated norm.

As a general rule, if I have a party and / or suspect that someone may pee (have kids in the water for example) I would simply leave the filtration system operational for all the time the guests are here and maybe additional few hours after. This usually gets all the dirt, hairs and whatever else out of the water. Having system operational while using pool as a bonus as you recover FC and removing contamination when it is most neded.
8)

jjparrish said:
ktdave said:
jjparrish said:
If YOU should ever get stuck in the desert better hope your wife is with you! You might need a sip or two of water! Oops, gotta go, it's FIVE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE! :cheers: Happy Swimming, Joyce

No.......You didn't just say that :shock: !

Oh yes I did, :wink: and I missed the Five O'Clock whistle from DH 'cause the clock on TFP is running an hour behind! :slidehalo:
Joyce

What's with this 5 o'clock thing? In my line of work, we say once the sun is over the yardarm you're good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.