Fill er up!

Jun 27, 2010
I am about to refill my pool with city water. I got my city water tested today and the test came back as follows:

Total Chlorine- .3
Free Chlorine- .1
PH- 7.0
Alkalinity- 30
Calcium Hardness- 200
Stabilizer- 0
Chlorine Shock- 0.2

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking if i fill it up, add 142 OZ of bleach as per the Pool Calculator, put some shock in it (How much?) to raise my CYA, and 10lbs of alkalinity plus and a few OZs of PHup, I should be ok? Is this correct? Thanks in advance!!

You don't need a "shock" product other than bleach. Add enough CYA---------- which is either called stabilizer or conditioner available at Walmart to bring CYA level t0 30 to 50 range. Read pool school as to what to add to raise your alkalinity (you might be surprised what)--which will raise your PH also------WITHOUT pool store products. And you're on your way! Adjust chlorine initially to the target level of your CYA. Keep a gallon of muriatic acid on hand to lower the ph which will probably rise. Available at hardware stores.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.