Above ground pool unlevel on cement!!

Jul 2, 2010
I bought my first ever above ground pool, a 16x48 Intex. I put it on a concrete slab in my backyard, on 1 " thick styrafoam. All went well, but when it was full I saw it was off by 3 inches!
I am draining it but wondering how to level without sand. Would it be wise to get 3" thick pieces of foam to slide under the low side? I would shave them gradually, sort of make a ramp.. any ideas appreciated!! :oops:

It is not a good idea to try to build up your low end. For an Intex pool you absolutely must have a solid and sturdy base. That is a cardinal rule I learned from reading so many posts on the 'net about Intex pools (researching for when we put ours up.) Find a relatively level place in your yard, get the sod up, and scrape dirt off the high end to level, tryinjg not to disturb the ground underneath too much. It will be so much more sturdy that trying to build up the low end. You can find details on how to do this in a variety of ways if you search something like "leveling for Intex pool" Good luck!

Mike,
I take it that the cement slab was there and you are just setting the pool up on it?
Depends on which Intex you have, if you have the Easy-Set (blow up ring) or the Metal-Frame.
If you have and Easy set, yes just use the styrofoam. But I would start with 4" and go to 1".
If you have the Metal-Frame, you will need to put something under each leg (bricks, pavers, blocks of wood) to get them level before putting the foam in. (don't put foam under the legs).
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.