Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Different brands/models of SWGs specify varias chlorine output levels, i.e., .93 lbs/hr, 1.5, lbs/hr, etc etc.

How do use this in my evaluation of what output is best for my size pool/climate? What chlorine ouput is too small, etc.?

Thanks.

Roughly speaking you want a unit with a minimum of about 0.35 to 0.4 lbs/day for every 10,000 gallons of water in your pool. This ratio varies somewhat depending on where you live. If you live somewhere extremely sunny and hot then you want a little more chlorine/day, somewhere cooler and shaded a little less chlorine/day. Getting an oversized unit is a great idea up to a point, but I wouldn't go above about 1.2 lbs/day for each 10,000 gallons.

for my size pool ... 26k gallons Are you suggesting that I spend the extra $100 on a higher rated unit. For what I am looking at, instead of getting the unit that is rated for 30k gallons at output of 1.3 lbs/hr, get the unit that is rated for 45k gallons at 1.95 lbs/hr ... or is that overkill for 26k gallons?

Thanks

Thanks. Based on feedback, I am now looking at the Circupool RJ45 unit ($100 off for the 4th of July) instead of the Jandy Ei which only had an output of .93 lbs/hr vs 1.95 lbs/hr with Circupool for about the same money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.