Circulation dead zone

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
Below is a photo showing the circulation setup in my pool.

There are 3 returns shown in green + waterfall return.

Two drains and the skimmer are shown in yellow.

The red circle is the deadzone corner where debris seems to swirl and not be able to get out of.

The returns give good circulation everywhere else, but in hindsight, we should have had a return in the corner back where the red deadzone is located.

My only thought is to replace the eye of the return that shoots over the steps to a side eye that would shoot water back toward the deadzone. But that means going against the main counterclockwise circulation of the pool caused by the other 2 returns. Thoughts?[attachment=0:find6p52]P6214916.jpg[/attachment:find6p52]

Attachments

• P6214916.jpg
    P6214916.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 96
If you reversed all of them would you get a dead zone in the corner opposite of the existing dead zone??? Maybe your waterfall from the spa is stopping/slowing your water movement in the pool.

I think that just about every pool has a sort of dead zone. I have two skimmers and six returns in my pool and it's smaller than yours. I still have a spot in there that just doesn't get much circulation. I make up for this by brushing it once every few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.