Bleach at Aldi's

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
For all you BBB'ers.....We were at Aldi's the other day doing our monthly "stock up" and I came across the isle that has their cleaners.

Aldi's has 96 oz. jugs of 6% bleach now and it's a whopping $1.05 a bottle.

Thought that was a heck of a deal...so I figured I'd pass the savings along. So if you have an Aldi's near you...go stock up.

Dan

I checked out Aldi's here in SW Indiana yesterday and saw that it was $1.09 per 96 oz., or 1.1 cent per oz. I wasn't sure how good that was (just started using liq. bleach the last several weeks) and after visiting several other stores in town, realized that was a heck of a deal, even better than Sam's. I then stopped in at a pool supply store just for the heck of it and asked about their liquid chlorine product. The owner pointed to the stacked cases; I asked "Is it 12%?" - no, 14%, he replied. I checked the label - was 12.5% - poor fellow didn't even know his product. The price? $20 a case of 4 one-gallon jugs, that's 3.9 cents per oz. After adjusting for the difference in chlorine concentration, that's equivalent to 1.87 cents per ounce. I think I'll be making regular trips to Aldi's this summer....

For those on the East coast, check your local BJ's Wholesale (members only club store, east coast only). I've been buying 12.5% liquid pool chlorine, a box of four (4) 128 oz. (1 gal.) jugs for 12 bucks and some change. That works out to around 2 1/2 cents per oz. for 12.5%, which roughly equates to around 1.2 cents per ounce if 6%. And 12.5% means less jugs to lug around! I believe the brand is "Austin's"...good stuff.

I finally made it to Aldi's today and indeed they had cheap bleach! $1.09 for 3 qts. Question though about their carts. I'm not a regular Aldi's shopper and have no idea of how to disconnect a cart to use it. We felt a little foolish but..... Thanks for the info on the prices!!!!!

retro-cement-pond said:
For those on the East coast, check your local BJ's Wholesale (members only club store, east coast only). I've been buying 12.5% liquid pool chlorine, a box of four (4) 128 oz. (1 gal.) jugs for 12 bucks and some change. That works out to around 2 1/2 cents per oz. for 12.5%, which roughly equates to around 1.2 cents per ounce if 6%. And 12.5% means less jugs to lug around! I believe the brand is "Austin's"...good stuff.

Saw this today at BJs and was going to post it but you beat me to it. $12.99 for a case of 4-1 gallon jugs of 12.5%. Not a bad deal at all and no return and deposit on the 5 gallon carboys Namco sells.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the education about Aldi's! I figured the quarter thing was going on and that you had to get it back somehow since there wasn't a large receptacle for them. We didn't have any change on us but it's good to know for next time! I'll remember to take cash with me too next time. I had no idea they didn't take credit cards. :oops: What an education!!

Barbara C said:
Thanks for the education about Aldi's! I figured the quarter thing was going on and that you had to get it back somehow since there wasn't a large receptacle for them. We didn't have any change on us but it's good to know for next time! I'll remember to take cash with me too next time. I had no idea they didn't take credit cards. :oops: What an education!!
Yep, that first trip to Aldi's is a real, um, different experience! Only cash or debit card.

And if you want a bag to load your purchase, you gotta' either bring one with you or buy one. :scratch:
Or you can find an empty box or box top in the store for your use.

Lucky for us, they leave the Tundra bleach in the 96oz-4-pack boxes :)

Ours had the bleach in boxes too. I'm always ready with a bag though. I have 3 that fold up very small and fit in a side pocket of my purse. The purse isn't even ginormous. I didn't know you had to buy bags! Whereabouts in SC are you? We lived in Beaufort for three years and I didn't know of any close around.

It's amazing at price differences. I didn't realize Meijer stores were only in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky, but they sell 4 gallon cases of 10% for $9.99. Comes out to 1.9 cents/oz. I couldn't believe then going to Wal-Mart and the HTH 10% selling for $11 for only 2 gallons. Just a heads up if anyone is in the area, especially in August when they start marking what's left down and selling it for about $8 a case to make room for the Christmas items.

Oh, and the quarter thing is really a great idea. Think of all the carts rolling around a Wal-Mart parking lot. But at the risk of not getting your quarter back, Aldi's has almost completely eliminated that problem.

I had been seeing all the talk about Aldi's bleach..So I went by our local store..First time in..I was not that impressed...They did have bleach for $1.o9 for 96 oz..Great buy but noticed on the cases best used date of Jan...2010..Well.I was concerned about that and didn't want to mess my wonderful clear water up so I just passes ..Sticking with Great Value at this time....Any comment on the best used date....You never see them on the bottle's and the only reason I noticed was it was on the cases making up the display....

Be careful with the Liquid Chlorine from Meijer. I too stumbled across that great price last year, but finally came to the conclusion it was old and had lost some of its potency, as I was not able to maintain my normal chlorine level when using it, and it was 10% vs the usual 6%. I switched back to my wal-mart brand as they have such a high turnover of their product.

I've been using Aldi's bleach for two years now. The $1.09 per 96 oz jug is a recent price reduction from $1.19 per jug. The other great thing is that there is actually 102 oz of bleach in each jug, making it cheaper yet! I've measured the contents of their jugs numerious times, always 102 oz. Also it must be very close to the advertised 6% because my pool calculator calculations are right on the money.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.