CYA question

imcj

May 18, 2010
I'm sure this is going to be a "duh" question but here goes...

My CYA has been testing consistently at 80 for a month (TF-100 kit). A few days ago I tested CYA and it was 90. I haven't added any CYA, so my assumption is I just performed a bad test and should just test again, right? It can't go up without adding!

It won't go up unless you added some. You can get some variance on the test because there is so much left to personal interpretation. Even changing the time of day that you test it can make it look different due to the difference in available light.

Absolutely agree...the other cause could be that perhaps you had some evaporation since your last CYA test...so your CYA concentration may be slightly higher...although if you have an autofil, you can throw that theory out the window :lol:

Anyways, I always view the CYA test as a +/-10ppm measure...cracks me up when someone reports CYA of lets say 47 :hammer: ...I get all cross eyed :shock: everytime I do that test, staring at that darn dot. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.