anyone having a pool party for the 4th of July?

rsharp

Jun 12, 2010
this year were staying at home on the 4th (on a sunday)... were going to have a bunch of people come including family comming into town and were going to have a pool party. Grill out a bunch of food. Some steaks and hamburgers. Prolly a hotdog or 2!!! its supposed to be around 92 degrees and no rain (cant believe it :party: )....... no matter what u guys do haveLOTS of fun and be safe!!

I imagine that I'll grill some big wads o' meat and we will swim. Just hope the weather holds out and we don't get a bunch of rain.

We expect to be home on Sunday as well - leaving for a drive along the north shore of Lake Superior in the morning, but home Sunday and hoping for warm weather. Should be a bunch of family out Sunday to enjoy the pool and watch some great fireworks

We had our first 90 degree day today and the pool was so amazingly awesome - I can't wait to have our first pool party

We will be home but the temps here in TN. have dropped unreasonably low the past couple of nights (in the lower 60's) and the temps haven't been as high during the day either. My pool water temp was only 80 this morning and i am cold natured. It needs to warm up again. LOL! Of course I am using less bleach :)

Tbell said:
We will be home but the temps here in TN. have dropped unreasonably low the past couple of nights (in the lower 60's) and the temps haven't been as high during the day either. My pool water temp was only 80 this morning and i am cold natured. It needs to warm up again. LOL! Of course I am using less bleach :)

Oh you guys SLAY me. Unreasonably cold? 60s? :hammer: Ha. That IS a warm night here. We had lower 40s on Monday morning - the pool temp bounced right back up there with some sunshine. But then our University of North Dakota students believe 30s and sunshine in March is Mother Nature's invitation to wear shorts and get a suntan on the lawn. GET IN THE POOL ON THE 4TH!!!!

A few weeks ago it was sooo hot out it was almost unbarable (spring felt like summer). The weather has also dropped here this past week. its been amazing; low 80's durring the day, with a slight breeze (feels like spring)... the water has chilled a bit. gets a little chilly at night here as well.. the weatherman is predicting low 90s for Sat. & Sun.. im hoping a couple days in the 90s will warm the pool up a little bit!!

We've had a family gathering at "The Lodge" over July 4th holiday for the past 30 years, with the "cement pond" being a central feature for the past 23 years. It's become almost a family re-union type of thing, but we also have family friends over and people come from a fair distance (Fla. and Ca.), so we have people sleeping all over the house (some on floors). There will be lots of conversation, games in (and out) of the pool, grilling, music, revelling, and fireworks. We had a new vinyl liner put in this year and we were a bit nervous about delays, but it finally went in June 11. Weather is supposed to be ideal for pool parties (clear skies, highs in the 90s) - after a very wet spring and early summer, it's a nice change!

Happy 4th of July to all!

NWMNMom said:
Tbell said:

Oh you guys SLAY me. Unreasonably cold? 60s? :hammer: Ha. That IS a warm night here. We had lower 40s on Monday morning - the pool temp bounced right back up there with some sunshine. But then our University of North Dakota students believe 30s and sunshine in March is Mother Nature's invitation to wear shorts and get a suntan on the lawn. GET IN THE POOL ON THE 4TH!!!!
Oh I couldn't handle that! LOL! 40's is winter time to me! I guess it's just what you get used to but 60's at night here and 80 degree water temps are freezing to me. LOL! If I lived where you are I believe I would sit around with my coat on ALL the time! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, since DWSpool is the newbie in this thread, it seems as if the TFP Pool party will be at their place this 4th of July. :whoot: :whoot:

DWS, you can probably expect 800-1000 of us TFP's and we'll need some beer (imported, of course) and plenty of food. :party: :party:

By the way, does anybody ever hear from that newbie where we wen't last year? Ya'll think he's still mad? :shock: :shock:

DWS, of course you know I'm kidding........I doubt more than 300 show up. :goodjob:

(because intent is sometimes hard to determine on the internet, I am officially saying I really am kidding......probably)

Well, depending on how far away DWS is from me...knowing John T is really close, we COULD just rotate? LOL!!!

Y'all better not think of going to DWS and not stopping here to say :wave:

And we drink either Currs, Buuuud, or Busch here...you'll get laughed at buying that fancy stuff at the local Walmarts. :mrgreen:

By the way, does anybody ever hear from that newbie where we wen't last year? Ya'll think he's still mad? :shock: :shock:

DWS, of course you know I'm kidding........I doubt more than 300 show up. :goodjob:
Mad? Last I heard, he had his pool filled in and was seen leaving town mumbling something about Dave's elves. :twisted:
What do you think he meant by that? :scratch:

strictly hard liquor for me. i dont like to drink but if im going to im going in hard and cuttin out early...LOL... i'll space the drinks out...last a little longer..(or not).... im 21 and the taste of beer just hasnt settled just right with me yet..... i guess after so many they prolly all taste the same anyways!!! :cheers:

I don't have the biggest pool but I do have 63 acres to pitch tents on :party:
There seems to be a party everyday at my house, whether I'm there or not :-D In just a few minutes I'm through scanning people and will be off all next week :whoot: :thequeen:
Everyone have a fabulous 4th.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.